- Pillows are not recommended for children under two. They can increase the risk of suffocation,
- Ensure the cot or crib sides are completely raised whenever the child is left unattended in the cot.
- Don’t leave toys in the cot that can be used to climb over the cot sides
- Don’t use bumpers around the cot and make sure the cot complies with all safety standards
- If you have blinds with cords in your baby’s room make sure they are secured out of reach
There are FIVE main ways to reduce the risk of SIDS:
1. Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or the side
2. Sleep baby with head and face uncovered
3. Keep baby smoke free before birth and after
4. Provide a safe sleeping environment night and day
5. Sleep your baby in their own safe sleeping place in the same room as you for the first six to twelve months
How To Sleep Your Baby Safely: http://youtu.be/HXtChmLGMwM
Make sure not to miss a single video from Cyndy!
Click here to Subscribe: