Here are some very simple things you can do with your baby around this time to help his development:
- Sometimes babies will cry because something is making them uncomfortable – their nappy or diaper maybe wet, or they’re hungry, or the light is too bright. When you respond to these things, You make your baby feel more comfortable and safe when you respond to his distress .He learns to trust you and rely on you. It’s important to comfort your baby during this time. You can’t spoil your baby too much by picking them up, cuddling them, or talking to them in a soothing voice.
- The best toy for your baby is you. Playing with you helps your newborn feel loved and secure, and this helps them develop and learn.
- When your baby sees you smile, chemicals are released in their body that make them feel good. It also helps their brain grow. Smiling plays a part in the connecting and attachment processes.
- Spending time playing on their tummy each day builds your baby’s head, neck and upper body strength. They need this strength for lifting their head and for movements they will do later on, like crawling and pulling up to stand.
- Baby massage is a great way to connect with your baby. It can also be relaxing and soothing if your newborn is cranky.
How to Help Your Baby’s Development- Birth To 4 Months: http://youtu.be/xL4slXFQD4Q
Make sure not to miss a single video from Cyndy!
Click here to Subscribe: